Wednesday 8 December 2010

Horror - Rec 3 & Rec 4

Posters for the prequel and the sequel to one of my favorite horrors of the last couple of years Rechave appeared online.

Rec Genesis will take place before the original film, charting the origin of the outbreak and will come out in the last half of 2011, and Rec Apocalypse will show the infection spreading to unknown proportions and will come out late 2012.  Original writers and directors Paco Plaza and Jaume Balaguero will return.
Hope they're not 'jumping the shark' with this franchise.

Thanks to Horror News for this.

2 comments:

  1. I love the [rec] films - I thought the religious implications and revelations in the second one opened the film right up and made it way more than just 'another cool zombie flick.' I think there's still enough in the story to explore in a prequel. And I'm sure what Paco Plaza and Jaume Balaguero will deliever in a sequel that explores what happens when the 'infection' gets out, will be fantastic! Thanks for sharing this - had no idea more films were planned! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're right. I remember being blown away when Hellraiser first came out, and then becoming more jaded and bitter as I saw a concept I loved being wrung to death.
    Still, I could be wrong and they may pull it off in spectacular fashion!

    ReplyDelete

Some damn fine DVDs

Some Ads That It Would Be Nice If You Clicked, But No-One Ever Does...

Outside Your Window

My photo
A random blog of anything horror based that catches my good eye. Find me digging up corpses on Twitter http://twitter.com/Doctor_Cyclops