Friday 17 June 2011

Horror - Eaters

So, the plan was to sit down and enjoy a romantic evenings viewing with my wife.  So on went Eaters...
Despite the dreaded name Uwe Boll being bandied about at the begining (I dont think he had anything to do with the actual making of this), I was really looking forward to this.
Unfortunately, after 10 minutes I could see my wife in my peripheral vision growing twitchy and bored, and so Eaters was sacrificed and instead we settled on Burke & Hare.
John Landis?  Simon Pegg and Andy Serkis?  Doing an Ealing comedy?  And about body-snatching too.  This should be fantastic I thought to myself.  It's a who's-who of British comedy and acting talent, with lamentable Scottish accents thrown in for good measure, that seems to fall short.
There are some fairly funny moments, and some cracking performances - Tim Curry and Tom Wilkinson spark off each other brilliantly - but I found the movie as a whole didn't really gel for me.  The romantic sub-plot seemed tacked on and none of it was laugh-out loud funny.
People I've spoken to, who have watched it, have said they had enjoyed it, so maybe it's just me, but I was hoping for so much more from this.
Never mind, I'll shall watch Eaters on my own today when everyone goes out.

2 comments:

Some damn fine DVDs

Some Ads That It Would Be Nice If You Clicked, But No-One Ever Does...

Outside Your Window

My photo
A random blog of anything horror based that catches my good eye. Find me digging up corpses on Twitter http://twitter.com/Doctor_Cyclops